Wednesday, December 3, 2014

64 weeks: Christmas countdown or not :)

How in the world is it already the first? It didn't hit me until about 9:30 this morning haha. I had been up since 6:30 and everything, but it still caught me off guard when I realized that it is December! Please stop the countdown for Christmas =p I told my companion that I won't call you if you keep counting down. I'll probably still call you, but that's just because I like you guys =) 

The Thanksgiving dinner was great! We had a party haha. It was roasted chicken, with bread and butter, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, cream soda (it's a Brazilian soda they only have in our state), and Betty Crocker brownies! Afterwards, we played Uno with some of the craziest rules that I've ever seen haha. It was stressful to get it all together, but definitely worth it! 

Sounds like you guys have a ton of activities to go to! I think, "Of course I'm on my mission when they do all of this," but then realize, "Oh yeah, I'd be at school anyways." haha being a grown up is boring =p We did go see Santa go by on a truck the other day. Here in Brazil, they have cars that are just a giant speaker system, so they use them to broadcast advertisements in the neighborhoods; it's really annoying, but you learn to ignore it. Some of them are these huge trucks with room to stand on top, so all I saw was Santa go cruising by on a truck singing "Feliz Natal" to the tune of Feliz Navidad, but it was 100% portuguese instead of Spanish and English haha, kind of threw me off. 

Grandma Shirley also told me that it is cold at her house and asked how we are here. It. Is. Hot. we haven't had as much rain as we thought we would, so it's just been hot. I forgot to tell her one of the funniest things that I have yet to see here. We were walking home from lunch and passing in front of a guy's house. The guy was sitting outside of his house in the shade with a hose running next to his chair. As we glanced over, he put the hose right down the front of his pants and just kept it there. We almost died laughing. It was one of those moments where you just look at the wrong time, but man it was funny. I looked at my companion and he said, "Well, you know it's hot when that happens!" Hahaha

We also had a baptism this week" Rosa is 13 and her grandparents are members of the Church, she has been living with them for a month or so and decided to get baptized! She got baptized on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday =) It was great to have the whole ward participate in her baptism. There was cake and soda and a musical number and lots of people! 

I took the pictures today that you asked for! I hope they turned out good and are what you wanted =) I wanted them to be more in the jungle, but we just didn't have time to get there. However, the part that is behind me in the pictures (the trees on the horizon) are literally where the Amazon begins, it's pretty cool =) 

Not too much else down here. The only thing I would want in a package is a new shirt or two. I like the Edwards brand (don't remember if it's Mr. Mac ir Missionary Mall) if you do decide to send me one =) 

Love you and miss you all! I'll get those pictures sent to you today!

Elder Sanderson








No comments:

Post a Comment