Tuesday, March 17, 2015

78 weeks! Even the Brazilians sing our national anthem

There's an ORANGE LEAF!!! WE got that for free all the time in Bountiful haha. It was really good, tell Warrensburg they got something right besides Walmart and Lowes haha.

Anyways, Hey everybody! 

That town is small...it's maybe even smaller than Pimenta Bueno. That was the city I served in right at the beginning of my time in Brazil. Speaking of my time in Brazil, last week I marked one year in the Brazil Manaus Mission =) I also marked one year and SIX! Can anybody believe that? With it came a rush of fears, excitement, and anxiety about ending the mission. I'm really not ready for it to end, but also can't wait for the adventures to come afterwards. 
I think I've pretty much got my classes picked out for BYU too:
Monday: Econ, Math, Doctrine and Covenants, Portuguese , Political science
Tuesday: ROTC workouts, Math
Wednesday: See Monday
Thursday: ROTC, Math, ROTC, ROTC
Friday: Econ, Portuguese 

That's what I'm looking at for right now =) I might move it around a little bit, maybe get a soccer class too, but for now, that's my plan. It's going to be pretty busy, but that's what I want =) I slacked just a little bit before the mission, so it's time to pick up the slack. I am really excited to be going back to school! You gain a fire on your mission to just learn everything you can about anything and everything. I look forward to it =)

Our week was pretty good here. We had a great conference with President and Sister Castro =) Every time we get to hear from them, we are just amazed at how much they know and how much they love the gospel. President stressed the importance of studying and making sure that every time we teach someone, we are learning as well. He said, "if you didn't learn something, you didn't teach right." We also got to sing "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam" in Spanish, Portuguese, and English. It was an interesting experience haha. 

We had a baptism this week! After so many weeks without one, and constant letdowns, we managed to have a baptism this week. Her name is Lara and she is 14. She's pretty much been a member for sometime, but hadn't wanted to get baptized until now. She goes to Seminary, plays soccer with the members, participated in New Beginnings, etc and it was just a matter of getting her in the water =) She has an amazing testimony of the gospel and wants us to baptize her brothers now! All of the youth came to the baptism and even brought cakes. All in all, it made a great end to the weekend! We'll see if the Lord will bless us again this weekend =)

Other than that, we had a pretty normal week. I say that every week, I know, but that's how it goes once you feel like you've kind of seen it all haha. I did see a Brazilian sing the National Anthem on Sunday! We were at the Bishop's house for lunch, and they had an English hymn book with them. Another member of the Church who was with us picked it up and was looking through it. He loves to sing and sings very well. I showed him the national anthem and he just went at it as best he could haha. He tried to get all the words right and did a pretty good job. Bottom line: Our country is so good that even the brazilians sing our national anthem =)

Love you all, hope you have a great week!

Elder Sanderson 

No comments:

Post a Comment