Monday, April 20, 2015

83 weeks -gone fish in'

Hey there everyone!

First off: WE WENT FISHING! Life complete in Brazil =D It was the realization of a mission-long dream haha. We have a member family that litterally live on top of the river. Their house is built over the river and you can fish off of the back deck. They were nice enough to let us come over and fish. I think we'll be going back quite a bit over the next weeks. We caught 8 fish between the two of us, I caught 5 and my companion 3. I have to add the "score" because it was a competition.
Now for the rest of the week:
I am really liking this area and we already have a baptism marked for this Saturday. We have great members who love to work with the members and help us out. Our Bishop is great and called us over to his house yesterday so that we could plan a ward activity with him to find new investigators. We are excited about that and will be meeting lots of new people because of it. 
My companion is great and full of energy! He and I are getting along great and it is a cool experience to train somebody. Sometimes. I forget that he doesn't know that much and that I have to explain it to him, but he is learning fast. He's a Brazilian from Fortaleza, CearĂ¡. The two of us laugh every day, but are going to keep working hard. We have a goal of thirty new investigators this week! My area might just be the death of me though. I might as well have been asked to serve in the Rocky Mountains. We have so many hills (all steep and close together, of course), that your legs are trembling at the end of the day. I'm excited about that though because it will put me in good shape to go home! 
I'm officially reaching the point in the mission where everyone looks at me and asks, "Elder, how much time do you have in your mission?" To which I reply, "One year and seven months," which is followed by, "Wow! You're going home soon!" Haha it's a bittersweet statement. I joked with my companion today at lunch that he won't go home this year, or even next year, but in the year after. Haha he didn't think it was funny, but it's all part of the mission experience. 
Other than that, we are working hard and loving life. I will make sure to get those talks on my USB so that I can listen to them. I want to study Conference more, but it seems like I just don't have time. One of the things about parenting: you lose all of your own time haha. I have learned that now that I have a "son" in the mission. It's still a lot of fun though!

Love you all, have a great week!

Elder Sanderson

No comments:

Post a Comment