Tuesday, July 28, 2015

97 weeks- getting the job done (second to last email)

Hey there everyone!

Has anybody lost track of the number of days? If you have, it's down to 14 now. Hahaha. I still don't think it's hit me that I'm going home, but I don't think it will until I actually am in the airport or on the plane. However, I did have my "entrevista de saĆ­da" this week. Translation: Exit Interview. It's the last interview we have with President Castro before going home. This interview is different than all the other ones because we don't talk about how the work is in our area, about our companion, or anything like that. It is just talking about home. The only references that President made with respect to my mission were telling me that it was ending, and asking me to share the two most spiritual experiences that I've had on my mission. Other than that, it was home. What I want to do with my life and if I understand how important it is to get married, haha. I also renewed my temple recommend and he authorized us to go to the temple before I go home =) I'm really excited about that!
We also had a baptism this week! We baptized Francisca, she is the ex-wife of Louis (whom I baptized about a month or so ago). She is 76 years old, and her baptism was wonderful! I was afraid that we wouldn't get a baptism in this transfer (it's been rough), but we managed it! Now I just want a baptism on the 8th or 9th! 

Sorry, sent the email on accident! This mouse is quick and went to the send button when I wanted to change the color back.

Anyways, let me respond to your email:

It was a pretty good week, but what I already read is pretty much all tht happened. Other than that, we just walked around. The weather was actually cold here this week. It's been cloudy for two or three days and the temperature seems to have dropped. We are grateful for that, but also have to deal with taking FREEZING COLD showers. Without the sun to heat the water up during the day, we suffer through ice cold showers. Not a fun experience. What's funny though, is that you still have to use the AC at night. However, we also had a day that was extra hot. It probably reached 100 degrees or so, and I was in my exit interview, so I stayed in the AC the whole day haha. My companion had to suffer through it though because we were on splits. 
Tell Sierra that if she wants, she can be homeless with me too. It's not that bad of a life, you don't really have to clean up too much and just keep everything in a suitcase. Haha it's a good life, but at least she's saving money! I'm glad Haylee is still Haylee, I'll be glad to be home and see them both =)
Other than that, life goes on in the Brazil Manaus Mission. We are baptizing a ton and are loving it! That's what we were called to do, and I'm happy to say we're getting the job done.

Love you all! Hope that you have a great week!

Elder Sanderson

No comments:

Post a Comment