Monday, July 6, 2015

93 weeks - last transfer- Go big and go home

This week was a long, but also very quick week. We were running around like crazy in meetings and trainings, and so only got to work a little bit in our area. It was kinda of lame, but that's how it goes. A lot of the meetings were trainings on going home and exit interviews with President, which take all day. My companion, Elder Salas, is going home at 4am, so the interviews were all for him, but mine will be here in FIVE WEEKS. It hit me this last week that I have entered into my last transfer as a missionary. The second I realized that I go home in six weeks, I felt really scared and lost. I can't imagine what it's going to be like going home. Actually, I can imagine, but I didn't think it would ever get here. It was always just a thing you put behind you with the attitute of, "I don't have to worry about that right now." But now, it's here. I'm just going to dig in and work even harder! 
Since Elder Salas was going home, I knew I was going to get a new companion. They called me last night and told me that I will be TRAINING again! =D I can't wait to train again! I'll be training a brazilian named Elder Prado. I can't wait! All missionaries dream of training for their last transfer and I got the chance! I haven't met him yet, because he won't get here until tomorrow, but I'm excited. For now, I'll be staying with two of the other Elders who are really good friends of mine. I'm excited for it =) 
I had a neat experience this week while watching, "Joseph Smith: The Prophet of the Restoration" with a family. As Joseph and the others were in the jail and the mob came storming in, the 10 year-old son asked us, "who will win? The good or the bad?" It had never really been a thought of mine, but as I was sitting there, I was happy to say that I already know. It's never been a doubt in my mind, we know who will win. What seemed to be a real battle to a young man, is really not a question at all as to who will win, we already know. I then thought, "to the mob, it must have seemed like they won, but they didn't." Look at the Church today, look at all it has. It's not even a question as to who won or is still winning. WE are. I love it! I won't ever forget the question that young man asked us, and my answer will never change. I hope it can be the same for all of you as well =) 
Other than that, we had a pretty boring week. I'm grateful for the chance that I had to serve with Elder Salas and grateful for all of the things I learned from him. I also look forward to working as hard as I can with Elder Prado for the next 6 weeks. I already have a motto that has probably been used by many, many misisonaries: GO BIG and GO HOME! It's going to be a wonderful transfer.

Have a great week everyone! Love you all and can't wait to see you in a few weeks,

Elder Sanderson

Ecclesiastes 7:8

P.s. An american family gave me root beer today! I plan on drinking it on the 4th of July while eating sunflower seeds   

No comments:

Post a Comment