Monday, February 2, 2015

Week 73-happy Birthday to me!

Hello everyone!

Happy early birthday to me haha. We are excited for my birthday and even have a member family who is going to make me a cake and lasagna! Lasagna is really good here in Brazil =) 

You guys had a crazy week! I was pulling for the Seahawks...but I'm glad it wasn't like last year's super bowl... I was surprised to see Jeff Gordon will retire too, but glad I'll get to see him in his last races, hopefully he wins the cup this year! 

Haha why is it that every time I go somewhere you guys meet the President or go to the White House? I know that it was always just you and Joe, but I didn't even stand a chance in Brazil. That is a hilarious story! You don't look like the mom of a 21 year-old and I feel like I have the body of a 60 year-old. The mission will do that to you. But, I'm not sick anymore, so it's all good! The fever has been gone since last Sunday =) 

That house looks awesome! I'm excited to go see it! And I won't have to sleep on the couch when I get home! That was honestly a big concern of mine for coming home. Is it close to the base? The neighborhood looks nice too =)

I'm glad Grandpa got such a nice funeral =) I have been thinking about him a lot this week and how great of a guy he was. He did a lot in his life, if I can do half as much I think I'll be okay =)

Tell grandma that I'm praying for her and thank you for talking to Dick Cheney for me! Don't lose that note! I think that is awesome =) I'll try and send her an email, but I got a lot of emails this week.

And now on to my adventures!

 We went to the hospital again...because my companion almost broke his foot playing basketball last week on p-day. It swelled way up and was purple from bruising, so we decided it would be good to get it looked at. Everything turned out fine and he is just fine now. While we were there, a lady asked me to write my name down on a paper because she thought it was pretty. I basically gave her myautograph haha. I made sure to write the name of the Church at the bottom so that she would know where to find us and then get baptized!

I also got a package from grandma Shirley =) It had an awesome tie and a new BYU shirt! There were also new pictures of the family. I especially liked the picture she sent of grandma millie and grandpa val. I have them all up on my study desk =)

Remember Anderson? I told you all about his baptism last week. He is WAY better! We went and visited him yesterday and you could just see and feel the Light of Christ inside of him. He smiled more than we've seen him smile and was just happy. It is amazing to see how different of a person he is now that he has the gospel of Jesus Christ blessing his life =)

Mom, could you send me Sarah's address? I don't have her home address and have some letters to send her. 

Also, we found out yesterday that Elder Cook of the Quorum of the Twelve will be visiting us at the end of February! He is going to meet with all of the bishops in Manaus and then requested a meeting with the missionaries as well =D We're excited for that!

That's about it for the week! Love you all and thank you for the birthday wishes and love!

Elder Sanderson

No comments:

Post a Comment